Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Final Blog Post - Goodbye, Dave!




           I had been looking forward to taking this photography class ever since I started going to Rocky more than three years ago. I watched my friends go through this class. I admired their photographs and I loved hearing about what they were learning, though at the time it went over my head. Aperture? Exposure? F-stop? Huh???

I had used a DSLR camera before, I had taken lots of photos before, and I had loved some of them. But to get a decent photograph, for me seemed like dumb luck. I didn't know where to start with the manual settings, I didn't know how to adjust anything, I didn't know any composition rules or editing. I knew I had a lot to learn with photography and it frustrated me to no end. I tried to learn on my own, but it just wasn't happening. Despite loving photography, after my camera broke I didn't get another one. I stopped.

This class taught me so much - I am a WAY, WAY WAY better photographer now than I was when I started, and significantly more confident in my work too! Below is my favorite picture taken by me before and after taking the class. Can you see a difference? I can. And I know I still have a long way to go, but I'm on my way now!


Above: Before this class
Below: After this class



                               Thanks Dave, and Goodbye! Good luck with your future classes :)






No comments:

Post a Comment