Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Buying a Camera


Now that I have some idea of how to use a camera, I need to buy a camera of my own so that I can develop my skills further and not lose everything I've learned this semester. It was hard to find information on buying cameras, specifically a Canon DSLR camera, that wasn't just advertising BS.

First, I choose Canon over Nikon because I have a personal preference towards Canon and because Canon cameras and gear is generally cheaper. I choose Canon over Sony because I'm comfortable and familiar with Canon, and again it is cheaper. So now that I know I want a Canon camera, and a DSLR and not just a point and shoot, I need to find the best one in my budget.

This site helped me get started on my decision making. It talks about the basic questions people ask themselves, from "I've never used a camera before besides on my phone, what camera should I buy?" to "What brand should I go with?" and "Where is the best place to purchase gear?"

After looking at what was available both by surfing the web (amazon) and by physically going into stores, I think I would buy this bundle package for $600 on amazon. It comes with three lenses, a tripod, the bag, memory cards, two batteries, filters, a monopod, and of course the camera itself, which is a Canon EOS Rebel T6. I chose this one because it's affordable and I've used one similar to this before, so I know how to use it and I'm happy with what it can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment